The Associate, Business Services and Contracts, is responsible for the review of many of the day to day contracts and agreements supporting UNF campaigns and initiatives. Additionally, the Associate serves as the main point of contact for all contracting systems and support as well as working closely with the rest of the Contracts team on the day to day needs of the team, liaising with other United Nation Foundation teams regarding internal processes and procedures, and providing support to the Officer and Sr. Director, Business Services and Contracts and the Executive Director, BSBR, as needed.
- Be an initial reviewer and/or author of day to day consultant contracts and agreements; use judgement to advance agreement with non-standard terms for a second review and/ or additional review from the Officer/Sr. Director.
- Maintain an understanding of all types of contracts, grants and other agreement templates used and situational appropriateness.
- Assists campaign teams in their portfolio in developing agreements and grants.
- Serve as a liaison to the other departments concerning Contracting policies and procedures.
- Assist in developing and maintaining Contracting training and reference documents. This includes presenting during regular contracting process trainings.
- Provide fiduciary support, liaising with UN Agency staff around reporting and drafting of agreements as requested.
- Liaise with other Finance Department staff on various overlapping duties, such as drafting invoices, grant payments, UNFIP grant paperwork and in some cases, PRFs, and supporting the annual audit.
- Provide ad-hoc support for the Sr. Director including research, memos, blog pieces for the UNF Intranet and any other reports as requested.
- Maintain a strong knowledge of Salesforce and GIFTS for Windows in order to be able to extract information and prepare reports.
- Other duties as assigned.
- College degree in a relevant field required with 1-3 years of applicable work experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Salesforce experience is helpful.
- Non-profit experience strongly preferred.
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as cooperatively and collaboratively.
- Willingness to work “hands-on” as a cooperative and collaborative member of the Finance and Contract team.
- Flexibility and the willingness and ability to respond to a rapidly changing environment.
- Intellectual curiosity and the desire and ability to develop new knowledge, skills, and abilities as needed to perform the position’s responsibilities.
- Ability to take initiative.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple, competing priorities.
- Dependable and consistent.
- Ability to meet regular attendance/tardiness policy.
- Ability to work under pressure and handle stress.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality when needed.
Benefits & Compensation
For full-time, benefit eligible employees, UNF offers an excellent range of benefits, including:
- a choice between two health plans through UnitedHealthcare (PPO or HDHP with HSA)
- dental insurance
- vision insurance
- flexible spending accounts
- 403b retirement savings plan with a generous matching contribution
- group term and supplemental life insurance
- short-term disability
- long-term disability
- health club discounts
- commuter subsidy
- back-up care
- employee assistance program
Additionally, all benefit eligible employees have 12 paid holidays, 20 vacation days, 10 sick days, 3 personal days, and 8 weeks of family leave care.
The United Nations Foundation is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative-action employer. The United Nations Foundation provides equal employment opportunity to all employees and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.